Saturday, May 9, 2009

My Mom


My mom is the most amazing woman I know. Hands down. Her example is one I will always admire. I strive to be like her but am content to also be who I am. She's never pushy, just helpful. She has always paid attention to detail and is never afraid to try. While being conservative, she's always stayed up with the times with her home decor and personal look. She's a voice of reason but will get animated when needed. She's a good listener. She's raised 7 children - I being the second (4 girls, 3 boys), raised the bar for "high maintenance child." I know I tested her patience but always felt loved. Mud patties on on her couch was a real highlight! I was the child only my parents and Grandma could handle. I know I was a challenge but also know that it all comes full circle. Paybacks! It's all worth it, right mom?!

I love you and wish you a peaceful and relaxing mother's day! You deserve it.

2 comments:

vvjenks said...

What a wonderful treat to read your blog and read about me--and you--and life. Thank you for not remembering the bad days!!!

I love you Allyson and I love your sweet family!

Being a mom is full of ups and downs--but we love to talk about survival at its best!

Salisbury Family Blog said...

Hi Ally! I am loving your blog, I sneak a peek every now and then. It's so fun to see your family picture. You guys are such a fun, great, and good looking family. We are heading back to WA for 4th of July. We will have to stop in and say hi to your parents.