Saturday I donated blood for an Eagle Scout project in our ward. It's been at least 13 years since I've done this so I thought I was due. Well it turns out I'm not as tough as I thought I was. Once the needle went in and blood started flowing (hopefully you're still with me), I felt very light-headed, sick to my stomach and started sweating. The guy tipped me back, put ice packs on me and gave me a barf bag. I was pretty embarrassed. At the time, I felt like I was in labor. I survived but don't think they're even going to be able to use my donation. Now to get to my point, when I came home, I was trashed. I could barely keep my eyes open so I asked Kennedy to watch the kids. I woke up to this club house. They took all the stuff out from under the stairs and brought all their stuff in - laptop, garbage, food, etc. and hung out for a couple hours. Thank goodness for creativity. They had a great time while I recovered.
This was their make-shift door bell.
(Kennedy added the little caption.)
My sister, Shannon, also came into town this weekend and I was able to spend some quality time with her. We went to the famous Coffee Cup, did lots of shopping, dealt with too much traffic, went to a movie, and ate. I think she had a relaxing couple days as her and her friend also went to the spa. I always look forward to family and friends coming to town and wish we all lived closer.

1 comment:
What a story! I think I'd do the same thing with the blood donation. I know I'm a wimp when it comes to needles in my own body. And, what a milestone with the kids!!! I think that's HUGE when they can play together for hours and entertain themselves.....definitely a new season!!! Yay! Miss ya!
Post a Comment