

We enjoyed having our good friends, The Bomsta's, over for the holiday to swim and spend some quality time together. The kids all played together nicely and I made the comment that I hadn't been that relaxed with the kids in a long time. I did have to send Jackson and Leighton inside because of a dunking incident and Boston gave in and wore his life jacket so maybe that's why I felt relaxed.
This was after I told the boys to get out and dry off because they weren't listenting. Jackson refused to let me see his face.
Leighton felt the same way. They were hugging each other and crying. I had to do what I said I was going to do if they disobeyed. Their punishment was no more swimming.It wasn't until we were sitting at the dinner table and Eric asked the kids if they knew what Memorial Day was all about that I realized I had not thought of that. Growing up we always went to the cemetery to visit the graves of family members that had passed and then had an extended family picnic. Kennedy told Eric it was a day to remember those that died for our country. I'm glad she was informed. I need to do a better job at teaching my kids the importance of these special holidays. We're very blessed to have the freedoms we enjoy. Every morning I wake up after having some sort of nightmare that I'm being chased or bombed by crazed terrorists, I'm so thankful it was just a dream.
4 comments:
You got WAY better pics than I did - only my "Bonsia" clip turned out! Thanks for the invite, we had a great time and after we got home they all crashed - so it was a treat being at your place AND a treat after we got home. I love wearing out the kids, everyone's happy! :)
Gosh I love those boys!! Such good pics.....looks like you had a great time!
Do you remember Kentucky Fried Chicken in Othello? That reminds me of Memorial Day. Plus, some kind of work first thing in the morning.
Looks like fun!
Post a Comment