Monday, October 31, 2011

An "Incredible" Halloween


I banned the twins from one piecer's, but didn't include Eric or myself.  We went all out this year and dressed up as Mr. & Mrs. Incredible for our ward trunk or treat.  In the words of Leighton, we looked "ridiculous!"  I made sure we had a few pictures to document the occasion because I doubt Eric will ever get in a costume again.  He was a good sport.  My costume was very uncomfortable - getting me coming and going, and choked me when I sat down or tried to "stretch."  One piecer's are overrated!  Elasti Girl must not have ever had to use the bathroom.



Jackson loved his  Gangsta costume!  He felt like king of the world.  


Kennedy said this was the most embarrassing costume ever!  She's a Viking Opera Singer and a pretty cute blondie if I do say so myself.  I told her it was an awesome, original costume.  However when a Nordic Viking couple walked into the trunk or treat, she turned to me and said, "Real  original, Mom."  I give up.



Boston was the best Superman ever!  He wore his costume today from sun up to sun down.  He was out riding his bike before school and his cape was flowing with the sun shining down on him and I had one of those moments where I wanted to freeze time.


Leighton was very comfortable in his Ghost Buster's costume.  Technically, it is one piece but is far from a Power Ranger or Batman costume.  This is a grown man's costume (one size fits all) made out of cotton, not spandex.  


We went trick or treating in the Highland Glen neighborhood, exhausting the kids after a couple streets.  Once that bag started feeling full, they were done.  We hung out with the Beckstead's, said hello to the Crompton's and our old neighbors, Ray & Sheri Chase, and called it a night. 
Happy Halloween!

4 comments:

Laci said...

WOW...wow..wow!! You guys all look awesome! You are one brave woman!!! But, man, that must have cost a fortune!! I know, I'm pretty cheap when it comes to Halloween....maybe someday :) Still laughing at Kennedy's comment to you....it's the age I'm sure ;)

allyson said...

We borrowed them from The Bell's (Nate & Michele) so it didn't cost anything but my our pride!

vvjenks said...

What good sports you are!! Loved it all - made me wish we were there to see all you.

Colette said...

Love it!! :)