Leighton planned a scout activity for his troop tonight with MAJOR help from Grandpa and Grandma Bateman. He had the vision and Grandpa took it from there. He created these amazing light saber's and did a little presentation with Star War's music and all.
Grandma made aebleskiver's for dessert and stole the show. The kids (and adults) loved them. Leighton made a speech in the beginning where he thanked everyone that helped him, especially his grandpa, then he took his hat off and said donations could be placed in there to help with college. Such a comedian. I couldn't get him to hold still long enough to get a picture of just him. He was beyond excited for this night. Jackson was very supportive and wrote the welcome on the board.
Leighton brought the video camera to interview Grandpa, the Silver Beaver of Scouting (highest award you can receive). The twins were honored to have him there and share his achievements and talents.
The whole gang with their Jedi Master and leaders. So grateful for scouting!
3 comments:
What a fun idea... I'll have to pass that along to our cub leaders! :) Your kids are awesome, I love their imaginations!
Everything about scouts scares me....bad. But, I'm sure Beckham will be a part and I'll be glad at some point....right? Glad I can watch you through it all first! :)
One of the best ideas I have seen and I have seen a lot!!!
Post a Comment