Monday, October 3, 2011

BYU Game


Friday we drove to Provo so the kids and Eric could go to their 1st BYU home game.  Eric has never been a spectator in the BYU stadium.  We couldn't have attended a more exciting game. The kids joined right in with the fight song and followed the game like pros.  Eric was a typical guy at a football game - lots of eating and analyzing the game but was especially impressed with the cheerleaders.  Nice to know I've got an all American.


Cousin Luke met us at the stadium.  The boys treated him like royalty, fighting over who got to sit by him.


Kennedy isn't much of a football fan but I think she enjoyed this game.


 The Cougars won in the final minute, beating Utah State 24 - 20.  Everyone in the stadium was on their feet and when the last second ticked away, they rushed the field.  We observed from a far.  Hopefully someday we will be watching the boys actually play ON the field.


Saturday we met the Hannum's at their house where Kari made a gourmet breakfast and then we headed out to burn some calories by hiking Stewart Falls up by Sundance.  Three years ago we did this hike with the kids and there were lots of tears and whining - none this time around!  Everyone did great.  Kari was leading the pack with her newfound work out routine.  The men brought up the rear but survived.  When you get to the top and dip your head in the freezing cold waterfall, it's all worth it.




Hard to beat the fall colors in Utah with the mountains.


Kari and the boys.  I didn't notice Jackson's accessory until I posted this but decided it's par for the course.


Jackson showing us how far he's come.


As close as Eric will ever get to dunking James in Utah water.


Kennedy and Grace after dipping their heads.


Kari and I showing what we're made of.  Don't mess with us.


Three years ago (see picture below), we took a picture in this spot.  I am glad we are where we are today, but seeing the kids smaller makes me want to freeze time.



James, Grace and Kari love our family like their own.  We love them!


It won't be much longer until Kennedy will be picking me up.  She's set to be at least 5'10".  So excited to expand my closet.


Shannon and Dave were so nice to host not only our family but my parents and my brother Tony and his family.  She made amazing meals and went with the flow like she does this every weekend.  I know it's a lot of work to not only take care of your own family, but crazy when you have 14 extra mouths to feed and bodies to house.  It was fun to hang out and watch conference together and relaxing to go out as adults to Sundance Foundry Grill.  The above picture was of the kids when conference was on.  They were all sitting so nicely, drawing and creating works of art.  My camera failed me but thought I'd post to show I tried.


Shannon had a Lehi Rollermills puzzle that took the majority of Saturday for her to put together with a little help from Kennedy and Allison.  I have ants in my pants because I couldn't focus on it for more than 10 minutes at a time.


Proof we were actually watching conference.  The "smart" men went downstairs and watching it without kids, in comfy chairs and on the big screen.


The life

We ended Sunday evening by sharing a meal with the Hannum's.  Eric stayed the night with them while the kids and I headed out around 7:30 pm.  Eric works in Elko, Nevada, all this week. The weekend went way too fast.  Utah this time of year is dreamy along with spending quality time with friends and family.

3 comments:

Laci said...

I am so jealous you got to watch that game in person! What a game! Let me know when you're in the area next....we need to connect! :)

vvjenks said...

It was a nice weekend together--even though we weren't always together. Looking at the two pictures comparing a few years ago and today reminded me that time passes too quickly--all good though.

Love you all

mmbateman said...

That picture from 3 years ago---I can't believe how much the kids have changed. Especially Kennedy. These kids just need to STOP growing, it's driving me crazy! Also, thanks for taking the time out of your busy weekend to be with Bethany and Sean, they loved seeing your family :)