
Wrestling Tournament - Jackson & Leighton's first and it was a long day. They weighed in Friday night so they were sure to make weight (ha,ha) and we arrived Saturday morning at 8:30 and left the Lied Boys & Girls Club at 3 pm. They wrestled two matches and those only lasted about 3 minutes. The rest of the time we sat around waiting, watching a Jerry Springer show play out (parents), looking for Boston (kept running off) and trying to find the key to get Jackson out of the
raquetball court he had locked himself and two other children in (see below). They each had 3 boys in their weight division (Leighton 89 & Jackson 97) and they both placed 3rd. It was as usual, a learning process. If you've never been to a little kids wrestling tournament, 500 children with their respective parents = total chaos! Next time I'll come more prepared and know what to expect.

This was the window he could see out of. He was
sooo sad by the time we got him out.

Jackson was chosen as "Student of the Month." This is MONUMENTAL. He was as proud as could be. This is his token pose - one eye closed with a slanted smile.

Kennedy's Christmas piano recital - she played
The First Noel and only had a couple weeks to prepare for it. She amazed us with how well she did because only hours earlier she was crying at the piano saying she was going to embarress herself. I didn't hear any errors although she says she had them she just kept going. She's much better under pressure than I.
5 comments:
Thanks for the few minutes of laughter. I always have to get Bri down here to see what his boys are up to. So classic, those two. Hmmmm.....don't know if I could do the wrestling thing with boys. You are more of a woman than I am!! And, Kennedy looks adorable like usual :)
Wow! I cannot believe how old Kennedy is looking -- in the piano picture she looked very teenager-ish. The wrestling tournaments were classics. It brought back fond memories of me running off at wrestling matches. :) It all sounds like fun!
Way to go Jackson & Leighton--Wrestling Stars with a detour to the Raquetball Room! It is good that wrestling builds such good character!
And Kennedy-you look like the classic pianist!!
Keep up the good work - each one of you.
As usual, I'm laughing so hard right now. Congrats to your kids.
Wow! that is awesome how well they did at their first Wrestling tournament! Way to go Kennedy! I don't do well under pressure and she looked so cute with her hair that way!
Post a Comment