St. George made for the perfect spot! My sister Shannon has a vacation town home there and my Aunt Pam just purchased a second home there. My mom and her two sisters, JoAnn and Pam along with JoAnn's daughter Kim (cousin), and my sisters Shannon and Jodi were all able to make it for the weekend. What did we do? Lots of eating out, shopping x 10, pedicures, a concert and uninterrupted visiting with no set schedule.
I can't get over what an amazon I am compared to the rest of the group. I do have heels on but so does Shannon right next to me. One of these is not like the other?
And we can't forget car troubles. A dead battery didn't stop us for long (light left on). Jodi pushed us out of the garage and my mom came and gave us a jump start. I even hooked up the cables and feel confident I can do it again without blowing things up.
Shannon shoved her toast in her purse with a napkin and broke it out at Tai Pan. She was hungry all the time and always prepared. Ironic thing is, she's the petite one of the bunch.
Although the design of this sign isn't something I'd hang in my home, I sure appreciated its message.
The outdoor theater at Tuacahn was gorgeous! It was a bit chilly but a beautiful clear day and night. As we were watching the concert Shannon pointed out that the big dipper was right above us. I don't normally appreciate the stars (too romantic for me) so it was nice to look up and take it all in.
Pam treated us all to the concert. I am excited to take the kids and Eric here for a musical. It's culture at its best.
Lonestar was the group and they were great. We were a very conservative group by which I mean, we sat in our seats most of the time, embarrassed to do much singing along or clapping, but inside we were having a might fine time!
As always, we missed our sister Ashley and sister-in-laws, Jenn, Allison and Christine. Maybe next time. We are thinking a spa with a little adventure is in line.
We are very lucky to have sisters, aunts, cousins and a mom that enjoy each other. Richly blessed!
3 comments:
I must say -- you did look six feet tall in that picture!! There are certainly worse things than looking tall and thin. :) I'm glad you had such a good time. I loved the image of Jodi pushing the car out of the garage.
A weekend to remember - I'm so glad we all love each other and can spend time together harmoniously!
A special thanks to those who shared their houses.
And a special thanks to the photographer!
One more thing - how bad was my hair???
Post a Comment