Saturday, May 14, 2011

An Opportunity!

No, it's not doing the laundry. Eric received a job offer so we (the two of us) went to California for a quick hurrah before he starts. The laundry basket is how we travel now. It's much easier to deal with. However, when we were checking into the hotel, it was kinda embarrassing. Who cares, right?

We explored the Los Angeles area this time and by explore, I mean eating something new. Randy's Donuts has been around since 1942 and we just had to try their apple fritter. Very disappointing - grease just oozed. Leucadia Donuts is still the best.

We also had to go to Pink's which has been around since 1939. There was a line of people because it's an iconic place. Eric gave it a 6 out of 10 stating that Fat Johnny's in Chicago is much better. I am not a hot dog eater but tried one and could only finish half. I am still not a hot dog eater.

Almost 15 years ago we were married in the Los Angeles temple. This was the first time we had been back to take a picture since then. Such a special place.

Oh ya, the reason for this post...Eric's new job. He goes to Houston Monday for a week training then will officially start the next week. It's an international company that provides portable power. We are super excited for the opportunity and the fact that we don't have to relocate and they seem to be a great company. The time off has been heaven sent but Eric is more than ready to go back to work. A big thank you to Ali and Tripp Thompson for their help in this process. Next time, you have a feeling to act on a prompting, do it! You never know who it might effect.

7 comments:

Laci said...

Congrats!!!! So excited for you! Hope it's all you dream :) Work is a good thing!! We have done laundry baskets for years.....the way to go! And, I don't know if it's because I haven't seen Eric in a while, but he is HUGE (not in a bad way, just the same as always, but I've forgotten his size!). Anyways, glad you guys escaped before reality hits again! :)

mmbateman said...

THis is exciting! Keep us posted on how the job goes. I know Eric can pretty much sell anything! No worries that he will be successful

Colette said...

YAY!!! That is great!! Congrats on the job AND on the ability to stay in Vegas - that's just awesome. Miss you guys!

Ali said...

Looking forward to seeing Eric in Aggreko orange!

Kerstin said...

This sounds really good for the whole family. It would have been fun to have you in Texas, but I'm happy that you don't have to move again!!

The Mollotte Family said...

I'm excited for this new little adventure. You two are generally never lacking in that, but I'm sure it will turn out great.

vvjenks said...

Hopefully this will be the best job yet!! I still tell people Eric could sell me my shirt out of my closet--maybe!