Thursday, May 26, 2011

Spoke too Soon

Yesterday I came upon a clogged toilet in Eric's office. Nothing crazy floating in it, just wouldn't flush. I didn't have time to deal with it so left it for later. In the mean time, I told everyone not to use it. Next thing I know, Leighton comes out of the bathroom and tells me the toilet won't flush and he has gone #2. Believe it or not, I leave it until I can deal with it.

Well, this morning was when I finally decided to deal with it. I get out the plunger and go to town. Leighton tells me he stuck his hand in there earlier and felt a Capri Sun. What?
So I ask, "Did you put a Capri Sun in there?"
"Nope," was his response.
"Are you sure?" I ask.
"Yep, I'm sure," he says.

Again, I leave it because it's time to take the boys to school. We get in the van and I ask Jackson, "Did you put a Capri Sun in the toilet?"
"Yep, me and Leighton did it," he reveals.
By now, Leighton admits to it as well but says he didn't want to get in trouble.
I ask, "Why did you do that?"
Their response, "we wanted to see what it would do."
I guess they're not as mature as I thought.

The toilet was still clogged as of 3:30 pm today because the plunger obviously isn't going to suck out a juice box. I borrowed a snake from the Lynn family and went home determined to fix the problem. I thought I knew how to use a snake but was sorely wrong. You have to handle a springy, wirey, 6 foot contraption and jam it down the toilet and then turn the handle. Things weren't working so I attempted to pull it out. In my attempt, the springy, wire part flung out, spreading what remained in the toilet all over! A few choice words came out of my mouth. I gave it many more attempts, even had Kennedy look up the directions of how to use a snake and tried that, but to no avail. The toilet is still not flushing correctly. It will have to wait once again until I can deal with it. I am determined. I did however, clean up the mess.
I'm not that content.

3 comments:

Laci said...

HAHAHAHA!!! I know it certainly isn't funny to you, but well.....I don't know what else to do but laugh. Kinda scares me to imagine what adventures Beckham will take me on because girls don't wonder about Capri Sun's in toilets. Serioulsy!!! Good luck getting the toilet functional again....heaven knows you need it!! :)

vvjenks said...

Quite the visual!! Since I unplug Vard's toilet daily with a plunger, I can totally sympathize!!! You may have no recourse but to remove the toilet, put on a new johnny ring and then get someone big ??? to help you replace the toilet so it drops perfectly on the johnny ring - or start over again!! Good Luck

Ali said...

Two thoughts....doesn't Eric have an actual office now? And don't you rent, which means the plunging shouldn't be your job. Isn't that the beauty of not owning the home anymore? Schmucks like me still need those snake tutorials but you should be home free, right?