Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Nevada Moves Day

This day is set aside to walk or ride your bike to school. I thought we were going to escape it but at the last minute (like 8:30 am, school starts at 9) the boys convinced me to do it. I didn't feel comfortable with them going alone so I walked/ran beside them. It was a mental workout for me and a sweaty one for the twins - aside from the mile, there is a bit of a hill between our house and the school. We made it just in time and they received a sticker that said they did it. What a reward! They didn't care. They were just thrilled to be a part of it all.

After I dropped them off and secured their bikes, it dawned on me that I was going to have to do it all again after school. Thank goodness it was down hill back. They yelled all the way down the hill with happiness as they enjoyed the freedom riding a bike gives. Pure joy for me.

2 comments:

Kristine said...

I am way impressed that you walked that hill twice and that the boys were able to bike it. I biked it once and said I will never do it again. You are a good mom!

vvjenks said...

Good day for all of you!! Where do you get all the energy??