We had plans to go camping, but couldn't leave until Jackson and Leighton finished with day camp. They read their scout books as reading minutes. They know their stuff. There was no way they were going to miss this. The theme was "Wild, Wild West" and organized/orchestrated very well. Each boy received a cowboy hat and made a stick horse that they used used in a rodeo to compete. Above, they are shooting guns. They are boys through and through and ate it all up.
This was their favorite - bow and arrow. Wesley Tingey showed them the ropes and also got out his Australian whip and whipped the pavement a few times. It sounded like a gun shot. Very Indiana Jones.
As the stories were being told and questions asked around the "campfire" (on the stage), I was impressed with the knowledge the twins had soaked up with reading their Bear books. They really are smart, creative boys! (We're working on the grades reflecting that.) I'm glad I was able to go with them for part of the day and observe the great things scouting offers. It is building future leaders!
1 comment:
And I was so glad when the scouting years ended--all boys love it though.
Post a Comment