Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Giants

The football season is off and running! In honor of Eric's college and professional numbers, Jackson is #73 and Leighton is #69. They looked so official in their uniforms and won their first game 23 to 6 (against the Steelers). Eric is helping coach and is totally in his element. He's the loudest coach out there but seems to be the biggest motivator. The kids listen when he talks. The boys are holding their own, trying to get the "pancake award." The point is to pancake someone else, not to be the pancake.

Boston has also started t-ball. He lives and breathes sports so you can imagine his excitement to actually be on a team. They are the Yankees and have their first game October 10. He's going to look so sharp in his uniform. For his birthday he got cleats, a metal bat, a tee, and a bag to carry it all in. Watch out world. Here he comes!

4 comments:

vvjenks said...

Oh my goodness--69 and 73 look like little men!!! I think the football gear looks so natural--we are cheering for both of you and for your coaches (dad)!!

Good Luck - We hope to see you play.

Love

Grandma and Grandpa J

Laci said...

I would have to agree that all 3 of them are giants! :) The good kind of giants that is. I am sure those boys will be signing some college deals real soon...extra cash for you!! Glad to see Eric in his element too. Have fun! I definitely can picture you as a "football mom" :)

kim huish said...

I bet it is so fun watching your kids play sports. I was laughing out loud reading about the funny things they do and say. Also, I read your post about you thinking you look old and let me just tell you, you look amazing! Seriously. You don't have a single wrinkle. I would die for your skin! (sorry, can you tell I am catching up on everyon else's blogs?) Miss you and your cute family!

Tiffani said...

I can't believe they wear full pads. Crazy!!!