I received a phone call this morning from a friend in Utah basically saying she wanted to do a face peel for me because I was looking old! I'm sure she means well but it really hit me hard. I'm fully aware of the "mean lines" between my eyebrows and the lines across my forehead but the reality that it's that obvious makes me want to crawl into a hole.
When I was younger I used to slap on the baby oil, lay on a bed of foil and worship the sun, telling myself I would never get old or look old. I didn't believe the world would still be in this state when I turned 40 so I figured I didn't need to worry. Well I haven't turned 40 yet but apparently look the part. I guess I should take it all with a grain of salt and be grateful my friend wants to peel my ugly wrinkles and skin off. But today, I have a sick feeling in my stomach of my stark reality. Maybe tomorrow I will embrace it all and deal.
8 comments:
I don't think you look old--you look beautiful!! It is too bad the world looks upon a few earned wrinkles as so bad. Go put on your swimming suit and think how nice you look in it.
Life happens!
Love you just the way you are.
Mom
Did you just say you look old?! If you look old - then I look ancient! You so don't look old!!
Old... NEVER!!!!! You look fantastic. :)
Just find some new friends. Come over to my place where we ignore wrinkles and eat chocolate mint brownies...
I actually do think it's quite sad that in this day and age, 34 is the new 60. Seriously, how can we all keep up with the cut-snipped-peeled-fake barbi doll look that so many have? YOU look amazing just the way you are.....I'd like to see your friend. Bet I could guess who it is :) Haha
are you kidding? old is never a word i would use to describe you.
If I look like you when I'm your age (for everyone thinking that was rude, I'm her baby sister so it's okay for me to say that), post 4 children I'll be ecstatic!
I'm feeling old without anyone telling me I look old. Do you think she'll give me a deal?
Post a Comment