

Eric's parents (Tom & Sonia Bateman) celebrated 50 years together September 4th! We all joined them in Heber, Utah, for a labor day weekend of fun in the sun, and dinner by the light of the Salt Lake Temple. We rented a 8 bedroom cabin that fit all of us and then some. Even the kids had a bed to sleep in. Eric has 3 brothers and between all of them there are 20 grand kids.
They are products of the 60's and couldn't resist a little song and dance to entertain us. I think having a good sense of humor is how they've made it all these years. And...they are hopeless romantics.
The Roof restaurant on top of the Joseph Smith Memorial building was a perfect spot for an adult dinner. The setting was just perfect with the temple in the background.
The Roof was special for Eric and I as it was where we went on our official first date.
We all wore matching shirts for our hike up Stewart Falls and to Sundance where we picniced. We received lots of comments on our matching shirts and there was no mistaking that we were all part of the "Bateman Reunion."
It was nice to do this hike with no complainers. The kids had such a fun time and made it without thinking they were going to die (last year was a different experience).
Jackson and Leighton toasting their happy day with a root beer.
Eric couldn't resist a dip in the falls.

Sundance - taking underwater pictures of the fish with Uncle Byron.
Like Father like daughter, Kennedy taking a dip.
If you're ever in Heber, this a great place to eat dinner - "The Spicy Lady." It is the oldest building there and had live music with great food. We ate with Mike & Marie's family - Bethany (23), Katie (14), Hannah (10), and Preston (5). Christian (17) and Emily (21) weren't able to be there at this point.
Eric had to crawl on the roof to get the rockets that went up there and I caught this picture of him trying to get back in the window. He's very stealthish.
We couldn't leave the area without doing the Alpine slide. Jackson was in tears up to this point but had a great time once he was going down the slide. He is very cautious. In fact, he will always have Leighton check things out before him to make sure they're safe (like public bathrooms).
Bliss in the car! Thank goodness for dvd players. We can't wait to go back to Utah for a BYU game and the beautiful fall colors.
They are products of the 60's and couldn't resist a little song and dance to entertain us. I think having a good sense of humor is how they've made it all these years. And...they are hopeless romantics.
The Roof restaurant on top of the Joseph Smith Memorial building was a perfect spot for an adult dinner. The setting was just perfect with the temple in the background.
The Roof was special for Eric and I as it was where we went on our official first date.
We all wore matching shirts for our hike up Stewart Falls and to Sundance where we picniced. We received lots of comments on our matching shirts and there was no mistaking that we were all part of the "Bateman Reunion."
It was nice to do this hike with no complainers. The kids had such a fun time and made it without thinking they were going to die (last year was a different experience).
Jackson and Leighton toasting their happy day with a root beer.
Eric couldn't resist a dip in the falls.
Sundance - taking underwater pictures of the fish with Uncle Byron.
Like Father like daughter, Kennedy taking a dip.
If you're ever in Heber, this a great place to eat dinner - "The Spicy Lady." It is the oldest building there and had live music with great food. We ate with Mike & Marie's family - Bethany (23), Katie (14), Hannah (10), and Preston (5). Christian (17) and Emily (21) weren't able to be there at this point.
Eric had to crawl on the roof to get the rockets that went up there and I caught this picture of him trying to get back in the window. He's very stealthish.
We couldn't leave the area without doing the Alpine slide. Jackson was in tears up to this point but had a great time once he was going down the slide. He is very cautious. In fact, he will always have Leighton check things out before him to make sure they're safe (like public bathrooms).Bliss in the car! Thank goodness for dvd players. We can't wait to go back to Utah for a BYU game and the beautiful fall colors.

4 comments:
Hey, we were up there too for Labor Day and thought about going to Heber/Sundance several times!! Bri's parents probably reserved the same condo (some monstrous place) for Christmas. 50 years is awesome....and BTW, show your friend the picture of the whole gang in red, I seriously couldn't find you forever.....looking so young you blend right in with your nieces!!
What a great post! Can I copy it? haha...I'm seriously getting ready to do nearly the exact thing but I think you have a little more variety of fun pictures.. That was a wonderful weekend, I'm glad we could share it together.
Gotta love the shirts! Your idea?
I remember when your in-laws had Anna and I come over with you for dinner when BYU played ASU. They were some of the nicest people I have ever met. I couldn't believe they would take us in like that.
Post a Comment