Monday, August 31, 2009

Weekend of First's


Eric decided it was time the twins played football. He originally said they weren't playing until high school but he has since realized that's unrealistic in this competitive world we live in. It took two hours to try on and size all their gear on Saturday and I about choked to death when Eric told me how much it all cost. Football is a very expensive sport. It's going to take me an hour to help them get into all their gear, 3 nights a week and games on Saturday. They seem to like it other than Jackson injuring his knee (water on his knee). They scrimmage this Wednesday and have only been to 2 practices. This ought to be interesting. I'll post pictures with their uniform and helmets on later. We're waiting on those.


Boston put their shoulder pads on and didn't want to take them off. He's a die hard through and through. The twins would rather play a video game than exercise but Boston is in constant motion.

Another first, the twins were fighting over a book to actually read - a chapter book! This is monumental. It was a Captain Underpants book but who cares about the title. What is important is that they had their nose in a book.
The twins Sketcher's came in the mail and for the first and probably only time, Kennedy, Jackson, Leighton and myself can all wear the same size shoe! I doubt I'll be wearing their light-up Sketcher's but am really taking advantage of Kennedy's shoe size.
And finally, I played a board game (Monopoly) with the kids and even lasted an hour! Boy was Kennedy shrewd. She bought up every property and covered them with houses and a hotel. She had a plan and no one was going to get in her way. I intentionally bought up property so I would run out of money so I would be done with the game. My attention span was up after one hour. If you were wondering, that's where my kids get it.

5 comments:

Laci said...

Great weekend! Wow, I am surprised you don't want to strut those light up kicks!! You could totally work 'em Allyson!! I can't wait to see those boys in action!

Colette said...

I'm with ya on quick board games. My Eric could play chess, Monopoly or Risk for hours with Tyson and his brothers... Me? I like a quick game of checkers or Connect4 that is over in less than 5 minutes. I might play 10 games in a row... but I like being able to bow out at any given moment. And, sounds like Kennedy must have some of her dad in her if she was the shrewd business player buying up properties! I totally laughed about that one. :)

Rylee said...

Monopoly might be my least favorite game of all. I like instant wins/losses. If its going to take an hour to see who wins, I lose interest too. You are a good mom for sitting through for an entire hour! I love the top picture, the twins are standing there like, "can we take this stuff off yet?" and Boston is down and READY! So cute. Let us know when their games are, we seriously want to come watch!

vvjenks said...

Keep us posted on the boys' games. Maybe we can make it to one!!

Shannon said...

I need a picture of you in the sketchers. My boys love Captain Underpants books too.