Monday, February 9, 2009

Wrestling Mania


Another weekend of wrestling brought a little more excitement as the boys are starting to understand the sport. Leighton came in 2nd (out of 2) and almost won each time. He was gritting his teeth at the end trying to intimidate his opponent.



Jackson had a little stiffer competition but got on the scoreboard at least.

He got pinned each time and was very bothered. The last tournaments he could've cared less. Both him and Leighton would wrestle their match (usually ending in being pinned) and then say, "Can we have a snack now?" This time Jackson was in tears and found these stairs to be alone and mourn. Kennedy was snapping pictures of him when he was down and I told her to stop but when I was looking over them, thought it was timeless. They really are such softies and in the sport of wrestling, you have to show an aggressive, competitive side. We'll work on that. For the most part, I would prefer them to be nice (especially with their size).

Kennedy and Boston have developed a love/hate relationship. They look like each other and act like each other so you get a lot of love and a lot of dislike. Type A personalities are in charge and I have to remind myself to find the positive in this. I think at one time I had more of this personality type (my siblings will attest to that) and Eric is definitely Type A. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. (I think that's how the saying goes?) We're blessed with confident, strong children who seem to know their purpose.

3 comments:

vvjenks said...

Heh boys - you look like wrestlers to us! We're proud that you are trying and learning. Just remember-one day you will know more than the others.

Kennedy and Boston do look so much alike--cute!!

Shannon said...

I don't know who wrestling is harder on, the boys or the parents. I know it stresses me out. It's hard for me to see any of the boys sad, even the ones my kids beat.

Laci said...

Love seeing the boys all wrestled-up!! Hilariously cute....they are getting so big(is that possible, maybe more grown-up). Anyways, fun pics and the one with you is perfect!!