Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Their Perspective

The other night Jackson and I were sitting on the couch watching t.v. and I looked over at him to find his finger in his nose (this is all too common). I told him to stop picking his nose and he replied, "I have a bad habit. I'm addicted!" I told him he needed to break his bad habit and he said, "Somebody has to be the nose picker in Las Vegas to gross people out." Word for word.

While at a primary activity last Friday, Leighton asked my friend Kim what was inside Melissa's belly (she's 8 months pregnant)? Kim told him there was a baby in there. And his reply was, "I think she's faking it." She's a really good faker if that's true.


On the way home from soccer practice last night Kennedy says to me out of the blue, "Did you hear Chris Brown beat up Rhianna before the Grammy's?" I said, "Where did you hear that?" "Oh, Reema told me." She went on to tell me all about the beating and Rhianna's injuries. I was like, I didn't even know that and how crazy is it that your friend knows all the details. And from that conversation she switched into, "So and so thinks _____ is a lesbian (a 10 year old girl at her school). She says she's gay." Oh my goodness. I told her to stop the rumor right there and never say it again. I'm just glad Kennedy is comfortable enough to talk to me about all this. It's a crazy world!

5 comments:

Jen and Brandon said...

Alli your kids say the greates things, I'm so glad that you write them down so that you never forget, and I get a good laugh for the day!

Laci said...

What a way to end my evening. Bateman babbles! :) Those are all classic....once again!

The Evans' said...

I love the the funny things that kids say. It really makes me laugh out loud. What would we do without kids?? we would have no intertainment!

the Jenks said...

Your kids are just hilarious! Justin and I love to read your blog. Thanks for recording all of it and sharing! BTW, I just tagged you on my blog. Go check it out.

Frayer Family said...

Allison...seriously, you have the funniest things on your blog!!! Everytime I read it I laugh! Ya want to know what Kaleb did at Montessori...he peed on the playground with 2 other boys. Lori made them clean the rocks, woodchips, and wall with clorox water (wearing gloves). I was sooo embarrased when I picked him up. Why do my children do things that embarrase me? Will it ever end? Hey, check out my blog...Jason is running for Henderson City Council...if you live in ward 3 area...vote Jason Frayer. He is running for Jack Clark's seat. The Primary's are April 7th.