Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Tin Can Robots

The boys received Tin Can Robots for Christmas and we have been saving them for when Grandpa Bateman came to visit to assemble them. It's a little more than Eric and I were ready to take on. And I think they were a little more than Grandpa wanted to take on but the boys had the pieces all over the table before he could say no. They took the better half of the day but I think they turned out cute. Now if only we could find a battery that works to see if they function.

We also went to breakfast/lunch in Boulder City to the Coffee Cup to celebrate my birthday. Unfortunately my stomach didn't feel like eating but we had a good time anyway. On the way home someone requested The Star Spangled Banner on the country radio station we were listening to. Eric motioned for me to look back at Leighton and there he was with his hand over his heart and under the seat belt. So touching. Of course I shed a tear.

2 comments:

Laci said...

So I talked to you ON your birthday and again today.....without remembering!! Go figure! I hope you had a great day and yes I am a loser! :)

Shannon said...

I'm not surprised they are Pepsi Tin Can Robots. My boys have enjoyed theirs.

What's your favorite thing at the Coffee Cup?