Friday, February 20, 2009

Punishment

This is what the kids were talking about when I picked them up from school today. Leighton got a citation for peeing on a tree during art class (they must have been outside appreciating nature). His eyes were all teary wondering if he was going to get a spanking, grounded, or no Friday video. I asked him to explain the situation and Kennedy and Jackson started speaking for him. They were trying to protect him. After hearing the explanation from Leighton (he couldn't get in the building), I told him he wasn't going to be able to pick out a video this weekend.

I realize kids can't go around peeing on trees and Leighton probably had ample opportunity to use the bathroom prior to class, but when you have to go, you have to go. So ... if you were his mom, what would you do? Just curious.

9 comments:

Hunter said...

Alli,
it just gets better and better to read as they grow. I love it! Hey could you do me a favor and have kennedy accept me so i can view her blog. My email is
lu-04@live.com
thanks a lot
love ya
Hunter

Brett & Katie Johnson said...

I don't have experience with older children but I think Leighton should be in trouble for peeing outside. I also think that I would go talk to the school and ask why children can't go into the school to use the restroom. Children shouldn't be told to just hold it. I know that they will say they should go before, but we are all human and forget! Just my thoughts

Laci said...

Seriously Allyson, you knew this day was coming!! Those boys pee more than any kids I have EVER known. No advice here. I think it's hilarious of course, but they aren't mine either ;) AND, I have total faith in you as their mother....sounds like you already figured it out :)

Laci said...

Laci again. Just showed Bri the citation and he wondered if Mr. Strano was really peeing with him.....classic! Brian says to send the boys up anytime!

Sierra said...

Peeing on the building not good....a tree...no problem. I wouldn't punish him.... I would just say don't do that in public ....unless your in our backyard then pee at will! Too funny!

Shannon said...

It's classic! You know that would be the least of my worries. Just tell him not to do it again. I'm sure the teachers got a good laugh out of it. Unless, of course, they've never had boys.

Anonymous said...

Ally, Ally, Ally. We have more in common than I thought. My son Christian got sent to the office when he was in 1st grade for peeing through a hole in the fence of the playground at recess. He said that there was no way to make it in before he peed his pants. I was ticked at the time, but now it is soooo funny...and he is now almost 13 and I'm happy to say he no longer pees in inappropriate places...that I know of...LOL!!!

Rylee said...

Ok, this is so funny to me. I think your kids are absolutely adorable so if you ask me I don't think he should be in trouble, but then again, its not my kid who peed outside at school so its easy for me to say that! :) Good luck.

the Jenks said...

The rest of them should have been punished for watching. When Nature calls , nature calls. I'd have notebooks of citations for all the trees i've pee'd on.
JJ