Monday, February 2, 2009

Lonely Day


This past Saturday Leighton went over to a friend's house all by himself. This is the first time both boys haven't gone together. I had no idea it was going to affect Jackson the way it did. He was kind of like a lost puppy. I took him to the park with Kennedy and Boston and he said, "this is lonely without Leighton." He had his hands in in pockets just walking around, not sure what to do with himself. Leighton on the other hand, had such a fun time with his friend he didn't want to leave. There was a break down when I went to pick him up.

I think if Jackson had been at a friend's house he wouldn't have been as lonely. Our household was pretty somber this weekend as everyone had some sort of the flu except Leighton. We really weren't much fun to be around anyway. Jackson and Boston threw up for the first time. I thought we were going to escape this disgusting bodily function. I should just be grateful this is the first time.

Once the twins were back together, they spent their time playing ONE Nintendo DS. Although, most of the time it was Jackson watching Leighton play. Jackson prefers to watch Leighton because he says he's better. The DS's are my new sanity.

7 comments:

Sarah Goodsell said...

First of all LUCKY how is that even possible to go that long without throwing up. Second that broke my heart for Jackson when you said he was walking around the park with his hands in his pockets so sad:(

Laci said...

I know exactly what you're talking about! My little twin sisters were/are the same way. They were seriously connected in all things growing up. Our ENTIRE family went through it when they separated for the first time in college. We were really worried! That breaks my heart! Hey, I can hardly tell them apart anymore....that wrestling in slimming Jackson right up :) AND, are you kidding about the throw up thing. If I knew that, I would've come over every time my kids threw up in Vegas!!!! That is seriously unbelievable! So lucky!
p.s. loved hanging out for breakfast on sat....thanks for making the effort (esp with sick kids)!! xoxo L

Anonymous said...

Yes, Ally, I love the DS's too. Three of my kids have them and I love when they network them and play together.

Throw up is the most disgusting thing ever. Patrick has to clean it up becuase I will totally start heaving. It's nice when they are old enough to make it to the bathroom.

vvjenks said...

My heart was sad--I keep saying there is nothing better than having your best friend with you night and day. I'm glad they are so fond of each other.

Last week I told Shannon her flu story was all about one pukey day. It's the worst isn't it?

Hope you are all feeling better now.

Angela said...

That is so cute how they seem like such tough little guys and yet all Jackson wanted was his brother to be with. =) It sounds like you had so much fun on your trip!! It looks amazing! I definitely need a trip like that.

Tiffani said...

One of my friends that is a twin told me to let my girls play with friends without each other. So...sometimes I take one with me and leave one. Already...they get a little stressed out about it. They are only 17 months.

Shannon said...

I hope you're all done with the pukes. Just be glad it didn't last a week like it did with Ella.

It will be interesting to see how the boys do as they grow up. I can't imagine wanting to be around anyone that much. Not many people get the opportunity to be so close to someone.