Wednesday, February 18, 2009

29 & Holding

The way I see it, 40 is the new 30. It's all in your attitude. I had a great birthday with lots of messages from face book friends and family, phone calls, gifts, and a lot of love from my kids and great hubby. Eric let me sleep in and took care of the morning duties (kids to school, lunches, breakfast) but before the kids went to school they sang happy birthday and gave me coconut chocolates and a gift card for a new TV. Our TV leaves a lot to be desired. It would fit just right on a porch with a sofa, if you know what I mean. We don't have a remote and all the buttons are broke so you have to either have a sharp finger nail or a little finger to turn up the volume or change the channel.

We also started demolition on our pink bathroom. I am beyond ecstatic that it's in shambles today. That means we can't turn back. The rose pink and gold are a thing of the past - where they should stay. Although I don't really like getting older, I do like having one day out of the year that's special. I was born on my Grandma Jenks' birthday so it's all the more special. I'm blessed with a loving family and friends and couldn't ask for more.
It actually is even uglier than this picture portrays it. The shower is leaking into our downstairs dining room and the gold shower doors are corroded.


When we're finished, I'll post the transformation. Anyone who knows me, knows this is a long time coming.

4 comments:

Colette said...

Happy Birthday!!! That is so funny, Eric and I share the same bday and Feb 18th is my dad's! How funny! I'm glad you got pampered today, bathroom demolition sounds like something I should add to my birthday list too!

Shannon said...

Way to make some progress. What are you going to have Eric clean next? Probably best to just do one project at a time.

Tiffani said...

I have lived in my house five years and I still have pink tile in my bathroom. At least we got rid of the pink carpet when we moved in.

thebutlerfam said...

Holly Happy Belated Birthday! I have talked/bumped into you for the past two days and didn't even know it was you very special day! You know your obligated to announce it to everyone you see!

Hope it was peaceful! :)
xoxonik