And the mosquitoes flew in (with a vengeance)! Boston was ready to lose his mind with the itching. The skeeters here in Texas are nothing I've experienced. They're tiny and unsuspecting and swarm. I've been told they are the Texas state bird.
Football is in full gear for the twins. They play on the 7th grade junior high A team. I was all worked up for some serious Texas football but have found it doesn't even compare to our Green Valley (Henderson) team - the intensity, the talent, the involvement, the coaching - taking a step back here for sure. The twins seem to be having fun so that's what I try to focus on (and what Eric is struggling to focus on too).
Mustang blue looks good on Kennedy. She joined the cross country team and has jumped in with both feet, literally. She gets up at 4:45 am to get ready for seminary (which starts at 5:45) then at 6:35 she heads to the high school for cross country and showers in the school locker room to be ready for school at 8:33. Early, busy, productive morning for her. By the time I pick her up at 4 pm, she's ready to call it a day.
Jackson and Leighton also rock the mustang blue (previously known as cougar blue). Leighton is slightly taller than Jackson with a 1/2 inch difference.
Eric I went to our first cross country meet last weekend. What a fun, energetic environment! Everyone is cheering on their teammates along the way and pushing for their best PR (personal record). The great thing about cross country is that you're basically running against yourself, trying to improve each time. This works great for Kennedy. The team also gets together every Thursday at some one's house and enjoys a pasta dinner and a little hang out time. It's been surprising how much Kennedy likes it. Yeah!
Leighton participated in "Patriotic Half-time" at the high school football game Friday night. He was all business during the performance and sang his heart out. Jackson opted out of this one but when he sings at choir performances like Leighton, he really gets into it. They're fun to watch. The half time show was big time and lasted about half an hour. Texas loves their Wranglerettes (drill team) and band and color guard. Band in Friendswood is tougher than sports. Very time consuming.
Costco is a 45 minute drive from our house. I've only been there twice since we moved here. "But when I shop there, I like to drop at least $500," said no one ever. That cart represents $500 and it will maybe get us through one week. #timetosellakidney
One morning while jogging, Laura snapped this amazing picture. It's a great way to end the post for September which included lots of rain, humidity, and heat. This rainbow gives me hope for fall and cooler temperatures and all things pumpkin. Welcome October:)







1 comment:
Do you feel like you're in a foreign land??!! Cause I do when I look at all the pics!!! I knew Vegas, obviously know Utah....but gosh darn...I'm lost with Texas! Nonetheless....I thoroughly enjoy seeing all of the faces I love. You are all my heroes for blooming where you're planted. Really. You make it look so easy. I teared up seeing Kennedy running her heart out. So glad she's enjoying it. What a gal! And then when I read Costco was so far away....my heart raced and I panicked for you. I'm there 4 times a week.....that might be a problem though ;) LOVE YOU ALL!!!
Post a Comment