Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Kool Aid Club


Jackson came to the car with his shoulders slummed and head down the other day.  He was disappointed that he wasn't part of Prince's "kool aid club."  Supposedly he didn't pass the test.  A few minutes later Leighton got in the van with Prince.  The club expectations were explained a little further and I piped in with my opinion.  Leighton wasn't near as bothered as Jackson.  When we got home I asked Leighton if he was a part of the club and he said, "Mom, when Jackson and I enter those gates, we go our separate ways.  We don't do much together at school.  But when we come home, we are the best of friends.  Don't worry.  We have each others backs."

I was surprised at his response but relieved at the same time.  I am glad they have their individual place at school and feel unique then can still be best friends and look out for each other.  Lately, Leighton is Mr. Politician and Jackson is Mr. Cool.  I really don't want them to be part of any club so hopefully that idea has subsided.


In other news, my friend Kristine sent this text to me today after she walked the JAWS track at school with Boston: "I had a great conversation with Boston today.  He told me about his 9 girlfriends.  He then told me he had to dump one because she wasn't hot enough.  Her name was Taylor Swift." Boston is giving me a run for my money as the club he belongs to is his own fan club :}  He's Mr. Casanova.  Please join me in keeping him humble.



6 comments:

Laci said...

Bahahahaha!!!! Man those boys are great! Love em! Glad you'll have all the boy tricks figured out by the time I need em.....my boys will have a gma for a mom in no time! Boo.

Our Little Hatch Family !!! said...

Wow, lol, you always leave me thinking and laughing, so thanks for that!!! Got to love boys! I can tell Rohnin is going to keep me busy in the future, but for now well we are just trying to get him to go #2 in the toilet...

mmbateman said...

Your kids are so fun! Love all their different personalities. We had a great time with Eric too...next time please come with him!!!

Colette said...

So funny... Boston is a charmer and sounds like he might be a smooth talker too! :) hahahaha!! Better keep close tabs on that kiddo!

Rylee said...

I'm so glad you get to go through these types of things before I do so that I can watch you handle them and learn from you because you are Super-Mom! Love those boys of yours!

vvjenks said...

All too good - Kids - things they do and say - love it all!