Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Therapy

On our way to school today, this was the conversation with Jackson. "Mom, what is therapy?"

I told him it's when you talk with a therapist about issues or problems that you're having.

"I think I need therapy, " he responded very matter of factly.

My immediate thought was, you and me both. Then Leighton piped in, "Ya, you need to work on your anger management Jackson."

"I know," he said with his typical shoulder shrug. Then, he jumped out of the van and went galloping to school appearing not to have a care in the world.

Later, while doing homework, he said, "Mom, you can just give me therapy."
(I'm probably the reason you need therapy!)

If anyone knows a good therapist, we are obviously in need.

5 comments:

vvjenks said...

Who doesn't need a therapist?? Even the therapists need a therapist! He is right, you are his best therapist!!

Laci said...

Haha!!! Love it! Just picturing the conversation in my head makes me laugh! Those boys......

Ali said...

I recommend Amy at LDS Family Services but you can tell him that in my professional opinion (and I know boys that need anger management), he is just fine. He won't know when he needs a therapist...that is a sure sign that he will actually need one. And besides, the drive every week is a killer.

I saw your collage comment and it's easy-peasy...no crazy hard tricks here. I'm not creative and crafty like Colette. Just let me know when you are home sometime and I'll help you set it up and give you the 5 minute instructions on how to use it.

mmbateman said...

Love it! It reminds me of something Hannah said the other day...kids are so cute!

The Rich Family said...

Let's just add therapist to the job description of MOM....I love that he will give you that job..That is a very good sign.. HEe hee hee