Monday, October 4, 2010

Question

WARNING: This post may contain offensive material.

"Do you know what a blue dart is?"

During sacrament meeting Jackson posed this question to Brother Crompton. The whole bench was shaking, trying to contain their laughter. The question was pushed aside until the end of the meeting. Bruce went up to give the closing prayer but told Carter and Caden to make sure Jackson stuck around so that he could answer the question.

"So what is a blue dart?" Brother Crompton curiously asked.

Jackson explained, "Well, first you go somewhere private. Then you get naked. Next, you light a match and then you fart. But be careful or else you could start your butt on fire."

Another shining moment as a mother. This whole conversation was revealed to me when the Crompton's came home teaching that Sunday evening. Eric volunteered that he was the one that told them about blue darts but getting naked and going somewhere private wasn't part of the explanation. Jackson added that all himself. And interestingly enough, Leighton was having a similar conversation with Dan Corvino at church too. They just wanted to share their new-found knowledge with everyone. If this is the first you've heard of a blue dart (I had to explain what one was to my friend Nikki), you must be very refined unlike our household. Lucky you.

5 comments:

Colette said...

... either that or they just never had a brother go to scout camp; a right of YM passage as I understand. :) Funny post. You might want to make sure your matches are hidden and your extinguishers are ready though! Wonder how Bruce made it through the prayer!

Rylee said...

I was wondering the same thing, how in the world did he make it through the closing prayer?? I have to admit I did know what a blue dart was already, but I'm not one bit surprised that Nikki didn't know, we should all be a little more like Nikki. :) Your family is seriously funny!

Laci said...

oh poor nikki!! Love her to death! What you have taught her over the years....ur a true friend allyson :) Ya, blue dart are talked about often when Bri gets together with his HS buds or brothers. Is that what I have to look forward to? Bring it!

Ali said...

I think those are the topics Tripp and Kyle know about but understand I don't really care to and keep to themselves. So far, they've been pretty good about not sharing them with Abbie or Daisy either. I may get yelled at for school, homework, chores, church and bascially life in generally but I guess there are some lines Kyle is willing, for my sake (or the last of my sanity) not to cross. The fact that I now know, can be our little secret...lets not open the flood gates.

Anonymous said...

I have to pop in on this post because I can't stop laughing. Yes I am one of those blog stalkers that checks in once in a while:) Travis has a great blue dart story where it came back at him and burned his butt just like Jackson said! I am still laughing that is so hilarious!
Your kids are darling and it seems you have a very entertaining bunch:)
-Jande (Salisbury)