Monday, October 11, 2010

Movies, Games, & Concert

The kids were out of school Friday and it was also Eric's day off so we headed to the movies for a double feature. In between movies, we went out to the lobby to justify our extended stay by buying popcorn and ran into some friends. They asked Leighton which movie we were seeing and he said, "We just saw The Legend of the Owls and now we're going to see Secretariat!" He said this right in front of the ticket taker. I thought for sure we were busted. Eric was smart and was no where to be seen. He ducked into another theater. No one questioned us thankfully. Come on. Who hasn't double dipped at the movie theater?

Leighton used his quarter to purchase this pure gold, diamond ring at the movie theater. He wore it to church on Sunday to show it off. The Mike and Ike teeth were his creation as well.


On Saturday, the kids games were at 9, 10 and 11 am. Sadie and Dan took Boston to his game but I was able to see the twins and Kennedy's game. Brad and Pam helped by getting Kennedy to her game on time. It was a successful day with everyone winning. The twins were beyond excited when they saw Mr. Rosensteel after their game. They were showing him off to everyone. It's not every day your teacher shows up at your game.

Grandpa and Grandma Bateman are always such great support.

Saturday evening Eric and I went with the Corvino's to an outdoor concert at the Henderson Pavilion - P.M. Dawn (which I always thought was PM Dong), All 4 One, and Expose. The tickets were only $10 so I wasn't expecting much. We had a great time kicking back on the grass, reminiscing about the old days and the music that went with it. Dan, Sadie and Eric knew all the songs and then some. I must have been living in a barn because I only knew a few, like "I Swear" by All 4 One.

It was another busy, fun weekend. People think we're crazy with all that we cram in but we wouldn't want it any other way. Being active with our kids is how I imagined it would be.


3 comments:

Ali said...

When I just arrived in Germany all the girls were swooning over PM Dawn and I was like "Who in the heck is PM Dawn?" they had maybe one hit in the U.S. that I missed. I heard enough of it overseas to last a lifetime. I'm not sure any of the kids I went to high school with could name one PM Dawn song but to this day, if I asked a German friend about PM Dawn they could easily sing several of their tunes.

Laci said...

Brian and I got a giggle out of your concert choice. He said he'd totally go if we were there! You two are so romantic :)

vvjenks said...

Who? Vard would know who they are, but not me--I'm music illiterate! I must have been raising kids while he was listening to music!!