

Eric came home from work with a $150 ticket (free to us) to a Spring Concert Gala at the Via Tivoli (home of the Ebay owner) located here in Henderon. It was a fancy recital featuring piano students aged 6 - 13 with extraordinary talent. Also performing was Alphin Hong - a Julliard graduate specializing in the piano - probably the best piano player I've ever listened to in person. And while he played
Rhapsody in Blue, Arbe (a french artist) painted a picture of what I assume to be Beethoven. It was a once in a life time experience that Kennedy and I didn't really want to go to at first. Valet parking was mandatory, hors d'oirvs were served, there was an open bar, and lots of botox! Stuffy in the beginning but when we settled in, a night to remember. Eric's co-worker gave the ticket to him as his wife is the piano teacher to the recital students. The kind of teacher that can charge hundreds each month.

Every piano player had their own piano.
Above is Alphin Hong. He played Nocturne with only his left hand and you would've thought he was playing with two hands. Kennedy was in awe.

Arbe with his canvas in the beginning. He painted most of it upside down, throwing paint and spreading it all around to create his masterpiece. He painted it in about 10 minutes. Totally amazing!

The finished master piece.

And...because Kennedy worked so hard in school and has been patient playing on a keyboard all these years, we rewarded her with a piano. We purchased it through UNLV and Family Music Centers so it's already seen a little wear and tear but we like to buy things that way - worked in. That way when a ball comes flying at it, it's not the first ding. Kennedy was thrilled and sat right down to play her recital piece -
Cannon in D. She's practicing as I'm typing this too. I love to hear her play.
4 comments:
What an awesome night... you guys look great!
Yay!! The piano looks great!! Now Kennedy just needs to start practicing five hours a day and she's on her way to Julliard :)
What an experience of a lifetime--that is unless this becomes Kennedy's life! I wish I knew the piano pieces you were speaking of.
Glad to see the piano--practice hard Kennedy.
Maybe we can make it to a recital.
You two are hotties!! What a fun night. The piano looks perfect right there. Isn't it fun to have kids that are WAY more talented than you are!! :) Keeps us pretty humble huh!?
Post a Comment