Two buses drove 79 kids and teachers and chaperons the 5 hours to San Diego and I was anticipating lots of noise. On the contrary, the kids were very well behaved and kept the noise to a minimum (although the noise level I am used to is high). I read a book the whole time.
At 5 pm, the campers were dropped off for a night of education and fun. They were able to sleep in the shark encounter. A few of us parents opted to stay at a hotel and boy was I glad. We went out to dinner and had a solid night sleep in a bed, not on the concrete, plus a shower in the morning.
Kennedy and Grace were able to sit near each other on the bus and be in the same group.
The penguins were a favorite. They had some outside and inside.
Above is Nikki and George. Nikki and I were roommates and also mistaken for sisters. We stayed up late talking into the evening, solving the world's problems.
I'm pretty sure the kids had a great time and will always remember it. Especially the bus ride home when one of the kids started puking and caused a trickle effect. Luckily, Kennedy and I weren't on that bus. Oh good times.
4 comments:
Looks like a great time! And I love that Angels song by David A. As I'm looking at your pictures and then the song comes on....everything just seems more nostalgic with music.
When we were there Kennedy was dreaming and scheming about her trip to San Diego. I forgot you were going--I'm glad you take the time to do such fun and educational things with your kids!!
You are a rockstar supermom! What a fun trip! I think I would've learned tons from listening you both you and Nikki solve the world's problems.....miss ya!
You are a trooper. I was telling Nikki that this is the last thing I would want to do. Thankfully you both have kids Abbie's age so I can put them in one of your groups and stay home!
PS - I think the puke-a-roma would have done me in...
Post a Comment