Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween Two Thousand Nine

This holiday is talked about all year long as the kids try to decide what they want to be. The twins have been stressed because I told them "no one-piecers." Well as you can see, I gave in one more year to the one piece outfit. These however, are deluxe "Jenga Fett" costumes and proved to be stretchy and well enforced. I think they were actually comfortable for them. I don't know Star Wars very well but the boys told me these are bad guys who are bounty hunters and store all their goods in their belt. Whatever they were, I think they looked like good boys instead of bad boys.

My Knight in Shining Armour! Who wouldn't want to be rescued by this guy?! His costume is 2 pieces and an adorable Costco find.

Thumbs up to you too!

The only way I can tell the twins apart here is the token glove Jackson is wearing.

Kennedy stole the show with her Amelia Earhart costume. This was all her idea and had nothing to do with the movie that has just come out. We were watching "Night at the Museum II" the past year and she said, "Wouldn't Amelia be a fun Halloween costume?" And she's stuck with it ever since. All we had to find were boots and a skull cap. Kennedy and I were in need of new boots and the hat was a real find at Kohl's. It's much cuter on the real side. She felt unique and that's what mattered.

Kennedy and Grace. The Hannum's had a fun get-together at their house with this fun blow up house, yummy food and of course lots of noise.

We went with some friends trick-or-treating in the Grand Legacy and went on a hay ride. What a fun tradition we hope to continue. After this though, the twins just wanted to go home. Something scared them and they were done. Our kids are spooked pretty easy and turn into shaking, crying, babies once this happens. I prefer the fun side of Halloween myself. I'm a chicken too. And...I think Eric is too. But don't tell anyone!

2 comments:

Laci said...

Great costumes!! Wow, Kennedy looks awesome! My favorite for sure! Oh, and Brian and I are pulling for many more years of the one-piecers......they are perfect for those two! :)

Kim said...

Amelia is so creative and definitely out of the norm. I've become the same way as you and your kids, I get spooked really easy. I wonder what scared them?