Leighton and Jackson were so excited for this project. They prepared a written report and then created a bat habitat to show off their respected work. I was surprised at how opinionated they were in wanting to get things just right. Grandpa Bateman rolled into town just in time to help and I think they were pleased with the result.
Leighton's bat lives in many places but he chose to showcase this one living under a bridge.
Jackson's only lives under cliff crevices so he made a cliff. The little girl to the left of him (I didn't dare post her picture or she might sue) sits by Jackson in the classroom. She told Jackson she would be nice to him if he would keep his desk clean and not do gross things. So... Jackson cleaned up his desk and is trying not to pick his nose (at least in front of her). I guess she's not very nice to Jackson and is a bit of a bully. I tried to have a conversation with her at the fair and she wanted nothing to do with me. In fact, she shooed Jackson away from her because he was getting in her space. I was even intimidated by her. Oh well, Jackson doesn't seem too bothered at this point. She's half his size and most of it just goes over his head."Projects" are always fun for the kids but for me, are a big stress. Eric usually helps in this department as he's more creative and enjoys it. I'll stick with the mundane homework and he can do the projects. Team work. We're learning it does wonders!
3 comments:
Brian and I have been convinced of this for a while now. You do your stuff, I do mine, and we somehow get it all done. Great projects (i am not a fan of projects either) and you know that little girl is going to have a major crush on Jackson someday......
Okay...should I be worried that Lulu sat next to Jackson at the Bat Fair?! Please tell me my little Lu isn't bullying your big guy! ;)
xoxonik
Great projects!! If I remember right I was the assistant to most science projects??!!
I would love to sit next to Jackson or Leighton if I was a little girl!! Keep up the good work.
Love - Grandma Jenks
Post a Comment