Eric and his friend, Matt Cox, have been talking for years about riding motorcycles to Sturgis, South Dakota, and this was finally their year! They planned for months and had the time of their life. I told him I wasn't interested in being his "Biker Babe" and that it was just fine if he wanted to go without me. Brad Beckstead also went with them to drive the suburban and pull the trailer and keep them grounded. From the sounds of it, Brad was initiated very quickly to what a football locker room smells like. Boys will be boys. They had a video camera where they documented their travels and hope to someday make a blockbuster hit from all their crazy travels. Ha, ha.
Eric purchased his leather vest before he left and Matt picked one up in Sturgis. They had authentic patches sewn on while they were there. They plan to venture somewhere every year on a motorcycle and carry on with their tradition. Next time maybe the wives will go along in the suburban but that's where it stops.
I'm so glad he got to do this. Life is all about making good memories and Eric, Matt and Brad made memories they'll have forever.
6 comments:
That is soo dang hilarious! especially the overalls! It seemed like they had a fabulous time though! That is so awesome that they got to travel around and see the sites while you held down the fort, what and incredible wife and mother you are! I am sure you are glad to have your "farmer"/"bank-robber" back home! Too funny!
that might be the biggest pair of overalls i've ever seen. looks like a fun trip! what a supportive wife you are.
He took some great pics... the overalls are definite keepers. Love the adventure, that's what makes life worth living and a MILLION kudos to you for holding down the homefront! :) I think that makes you a top candidate for wife of the year!!
The overalls are great! I was laughing before I saw your comment on them. I also love the first picture on how he makes his motorcycle look so small. What a fun time & my Erik is quite jealous! :)
I have only one thing to say...WILD HOGS! Have you seen the movie? I love Eric and Matt too. They are so much fun.
Email pictures.
Post a Comment