Friday, March 6, 2009

Bathroom Update


Unfortunately things in the construction world never go as planned. As you can see we're still under construction and things are going in slow motion. We had a little set back with a sub floor that was spongey but the thin set and hardibacker board were already on top of it when that was figured out. So...Eric and I spent the weekend unscrewing it and chipping it off. While it was frustrating, it was also invigorating to use a shovel and power screw driver. I released some steam that way.
As I sit here, the workers are starting on the shower (which had a hole under the shower pan a foot in diameter causing the leak into our downstairs dining room). I still haven't seen any travertine go up but know its coming. Maybe tomorrow, maybe the next day, maybe not? It will get done but obviously not on my time table. In the mean time, I continue to feel totally unorganized with my bathroom and master closet scattered all over my bedroom with layers and layers of dust on top of it.
But I'm not complaining. I'm glad this is getting done and look forward to the next project. Carpet. A woman's work is never done.

5 comments:

Laci said...

Just reading this makes me get a pit in my stomach when I think about building. It's true, it never goes as planned. We've got complete plans(that took WAY longer than I ever imagined) and we're getting bids as I type! One step closer.....right?! Life.

Shannon said...

It's nice to see some progress. I was going to say, "Just think--in a year from now this will all be an old memory and you'll be enjoying your bathroom." Then I thought, "I hope it's done a year from now."

Jen and Brandon said...

Looks like so much work!! Wish I was there to help, kind of glad I'm not. Just keep in mind the end result... no more pink. Although the pink would add a nice touch to Eric masculinity. Good luck! Rule of thumb, take whatever the contracter says and add about a week and a half. With Eric in your corner, you might even come out on budget. Lot of Luck!!!

vvjenks said...

Patience! Why does it always take longer than planned??

Tiffani said...

We did this to our whole house. SO I ask myself why do I still have pink tile in my master bath? Because we thought we would do it in a few months...WHATEVER!!!!