Just to make everyone feel better about the job they're doing as a mom, thought I'd confess how I get it done:
- Dinner is served all too often on paper or IKEA plastic plates.
- The clean laundry sometimes sits in a basket waiting to be folded, all day.
- I consider a frozen bag dinner with tortellini, chicken and broccoli to be a balanced meal.
- When my husband calls me to say he's not going to make it home for dinner, I'm relieved. That means we can eat cold cereal.
- I use McDonald's Sausage McGriddle as motivation to get ready in the morning, sometimes (for the kids).
- Television is my best friend and my worst enemy.
- I get bored quite often but not because I don't have anything to do, because I'm bored with my mundane tasks. On these days, I go to Target, get a soda and popcorn, and wander with no guilt.
- I drink Diet Soda for breakfast, lunch and dinner (and in between).
- I let the kids fend for themselves Saturday morning and sleep in (when we don't have 10,000 things going on).
- I do a lot of praying.
7 comments:
oh my dear friend, if you think youre the only one you are mistaken...you just have the courage to admit it!! Sometimes even Derek gets cold cereal for dinner! ha ha
Hey that sounds like my life! Glad you reminded me that I'm right on track! ;)
Thanks, I needed that! I'm not the best mom/wife:)
Umm...my clean laundry pretty much sits in the dryer until at least half of it is gone. Less folding!
Isn't life great--you just live it as it comes and love what you do (most of the time).
I love you and all you do for those sweet members of your family.
Isn't that the way it suppose to work? If it's not - well - I just don't have the time. Although, I have to say, that you AMAZE me. I've never seen your house dirty. Unless that's changed with Boston, but I doubt it! Plus, your kids are always so well put together. Mine are lucky to have clothes on half the time.
I don't even want to go there.
Post a Comment