Thursday, August 28, 2008

Expect the Unexpected

So Wednesday evening was open house at the kids school. Right before I got ready to go, I told Jackson we were going to talk to his teacher to see how things were going. He immediately piped up and said (with his index finger on his cheek and his head tilted), "I think I peed in the sink but I didn't get a citation." His teacher said she wanted to laugh but refrained and put him in the hallway for punishment.

Leighton's teacher was thrilled with Leighton's straight forward way. She asked him why he was doing something he wasn't suppose to and he said, "my brain is tired of listening to you." She didn't quite know what to say to that.

Both teachers say they can't help but adore them all things aside. Thank goodness for patient teachers.

Kennedy's teacher didn't have any scary stories for us. Kennedy is on the other side of the spectrum. She informed me that she's only going to use cash in the future because checks and credit cards are too hard to keep track of your true balance. She already gets it. It took me years to understand that you couldn't just write a check. I'm going to hire her to be the boy's tutor.

This parenting stuff is hard work and I pray each day I can make it and be the kind of mom I should be.

7 comments:

Laci said...

Really Allyson, I don't know if I should cry or laugh harder than ever! Those boys are definitely their own little people. You may want to start thinking about Christmas gifts for the teachers already! Wow! You will be sooooo glad to have these little tidbits written down later in life :) Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Hey Allyson! I found your blog through Sarah's. Your boys are hilarious! And what good lookin' kids. See you soon, hopefully.

Sarah Goodsell said...

Allyson I'm still laughing. I can't tell you how much I love your boys. They always make me laugh and I love talking to them because of reasons like that. I can see Jackson with his finger and the head tilt I've seen it so many times:) Gal you have them to keep them on your toes!

Hunter said...

Wow ally your right we sure did get a good kick out of this one! I love it!! Thanks so much for the help! love ya tons
(Hi Kennedy and Boys)
-Hunter

Matt and Jodi said...

Allyson, I think you should publish a book of the comments your boys make.

ME said...

That's hilarious! The stories you can tell! I just remember the hard time you had keeping them in a car seat & having to tape their diapers on them. You should make a book!

Anonymous said...

Hi Allyson...this is Allison :)
Mel told me you had a blog! I am so glad! I can't believe how grown up your kids are getting. I remember those boys climbing out of their highchairs onto the counters, now they're off saying and doing the funniest things! I had to read this post outloud to {my} Jackson. We were laughing right out loud!