Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Alaska





Eric just returned from a week-long fishing trip to Gustavas, Alaska. He brought back two, 25 pound boxes of halibut and salmon and gave most of it to friends because I'm not a big fish eater. Anything that smells like that, scares me. He says Alaska is the most beautiful place he's seen and that's saying a lot for a Southern California boy. The beach is pretty hard to top for him.

He met a couple friends from his BYU college days (Matt Cox and Dustin Johnson) and had a great time. The three of them drove back East to NFL training camps back in their glory days so they have quite the history together. They used to have locker room stories to share now they'll have fishing stories to tell.


They saw whales, seals, walrus, bears, and lots and lots of fish. I think 5 days of fishing was more than enough for Eric. On the last day, Eric stayed back and talked business with the "Chinook Lodge" owner (also a friend from BYU ). Our future may involve Alaska. You never know.

I'm sure glad he's back and the kids really missed him. Every time we'd pull up to the house and they'd see his car, they'd say, "Daddy's home!" I'm turning into chopped liver. That's okay. I don't mind. Now maybe I can go away for a week. Ha! Ha!

4 comments:

Laci said...

Looks like he had a great time! So weird to see the 3 of them together after all these years (not in their spandex!) Join the club Allyson, our kids would only DIE without us, but it's all about daddy!

Adrienne said...

That picture at the top of your blog is adorable, for having rambunctious kids you always manage to get great pictures! And pretty soon you will have accumulated enough pee stories to write a book...and I think you should.

Colette said...

Fun pics! I showed Tyson the fish and he said, "Woah, those fish are bigger than Eric and Eric is huge!" I'll show them to my Eric when he gets home tonight! :)

Thanks for the movie date yesterday! The kids had a great time and it's always nice to watch a kid flick with another adult!

thebutlerfam said...

Allyson! Bumped into your blog from Colette's! So fun to read about your adventures!

xoxonikandfam