Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Heaven Help Me

I apologize I don't have a picture for today but Eric is in Alaska with our camera. I think you'll get enough of a visual from the story.

We were driving home from swim lessons today and ran into bad freeway traffic. Jackson said he had to pee. Let me back up. For some reason, when the boys get in a swimming pool, it makes them pee. So they had already gone to the bathroom 2 times during and after lessons. Back to Jackson having to go . . . I told him to hold it and he said he couldn't. Leighton then proceeded to hand him a water bottle. The next thing I know, Jackson has the bottle straight up and is sitting trying to pee in it. Of course the law of gravity doesn't cooperate. The pee goes all over him and he just sits there laughing. I tell him to grab a towel and clean it up. Five minutes later, Leighton says he has to pee. He grabs the same bottle and succeeds at peeing in it. He says he's going to use it for an experiment. (I know this is all disgusting but sometimes the story needs to be told.) It gets better. We're close to home and the twins are doing their usual teasing with each other. I pull in the garage and tell them to gather all their wet stuff and bring it in the laundry room. They're still teasing each other and I ask them what they're doing. Leighton tells me he's trying to stick his finger in Jackson's butt. Ugh!!!! Disgusting! All the while, Jackson is just laughing. Is this normal?

Needless to say, the van needs a complete detail and sanitizing.

3 comments:

Colette said...

Reading your post today was almost like watching a funny sitcom in my head!

Trenton & Maren said...

Hi! I saw your blog link on Tony & Allison's. Hope you don't mind I checked it out. What a hilarious post, probably not from your perspective, though. Thanks for sharing. Our blog is private, but we can email you an invite. mkjenks@juno.com
Maren Jenks

Laci said...

Oh Allyson.....how I miss this part of my life. You know, you're life really, but me hearing about it and even witnessing some. I am sooooo glad you've got this started. The kids all look soooo grown-up.....what a little heart breaker that Boston is!! Say hi to E for me and let him know I was thinkin' about him last week as we were back on our old stomping grounds.....GO COUGS! ;) ps. Melis hooked me up with your address so you can skip my email :)