We pulled off a surprise that brought Kennedy to tears. Hunter flew in from Washington/Idaho to surprise Kennedy the afternoon of December 31. I told Kennedy I had to pick Eric's boss up from the airport and wanted her to ride along so it wouldn't be awkward. She was game. When a girl called asking where passenger pick up was, Kennedy asked, "who was that?" I was quick on my feet and told her it was John's (Eric's old boss) daughter. We were looking for a girl in a pink sweatshirt. You can imagine Kennedy's delight when that girl in a pink sweatshirt was HUNTER! Kennedy yelled so loud I was embarrassed. She jumped out of the van and nearly tackled Hunter. She hugged and hugged and hugged Hunter and was shaking with joy through tears. It was the best:) Hunter is 20 and a college student but has always had a special bond with Kennedy as they are the only girl cousins on my side that are close in age.
I kind of had the day planned out with a manicure and pedicure and linner at Gina's. Neither one of them argued with my plan.
They were content to hang out in Kennedy's room and do make up and reminisce until it was time to go to a New Year's party.
A family in our ward (Ellsworth's) have a big new year's bash every year and invite the town (practically). We all had fun on the zip line, singing karaoke, dancing, having a confetti fight at midnight, playing bunco, and eating waffles to ring in the year.
Hey Mr. DJ... Eric loved manning the music.
The twins sang on command. Never embarrassed. They actually have very nice voices. Boston's eyes are freaking me out here.
At midnight we also sang happy birthday to Kennedy. While it was a bit uncomfortable, secretly she enjoyed it.
Boston topping his waffle with sausage. He loves sausage!
A little car selfie
We had a blast celebrating with new friends and Hunter
For Kennedy's actual birthday, the girls (and Boston) went to see Annie then joined the rest of the family at Kennedy's favorite restaurant Pappasito's. You wouldn't believe how many times people spell our name this way. Batman and Bateman don't sound anything alike.
It wouldn't be a birthday at a Mexican restaurant without a sombrero picture. Kennedy ate it all up.
So happy to be sharing the day with Hunter (and her family).
I am so glad they have each other. Hunter is calm, quiet, reserved and a bit shy while Kennedy is the opposite. They have fun together.
We finished the evening with Mormon Bridge and Hearts. Kennedy could play card games all day and night.
These two felt the need to wear helmets. Special:)
To top the night off the Frey's brought Kennedy some bubbly, a rose worth $16, and her first kiss at the age of 16. So clever. I am pretty sure Kennedy went to bed happy.
The party will continue through Saturday, January 10 (her actual due date) for a paint ball party with friends. Oh to be 16 again.


















2 comments:
Ah....this had me tearing up just thinking about how happy Kennedy was. Haylee has a cousin exactly that age....they are so close and she's on a mission right now. What an awesome surprise for Kennedy. And in true Bateman style....you lived it!!! Love that picture of you and Eric. I think I'll frame in when my house is done ;) xoxo
Lived it up!!! haha
Post a Comment