Sunday, December 28, 2014

41 but who's counting


Eric didn't want much for his birthday this year.  Just an entire day devoted to planning our life and one big white board.  Eric read the latest book by Tony Robbins entitled, "Money - Master the Game - 7 Simple Steps to  Financial Freedom," and was beyond inspired.  He has read and re read the book, dissecting and studying.  He challenged the kids to read it over the holiday break and if they could pass the test at the end, he would give them $100.  He also promised me a new couch if I read the book and took notes.  I told him I deserved the couch now:)  No one besides Eric has read the book but I got a good taste of what's it's all about during our planning session.  Saturday the 27th was spent in our bedroom doing things I only dreamed about:) #not

I'd like to say we've got it all figured out but that would be lying.  We have a strategy and dreams and hopes that we can put it all together and better our lives.  Not that our lives were bad.  We live a good life.  Eric is just big on goals and saving and retiring at the age of 50.  I am trying to see things his way but I am more "let's live in the moment" minded.  Coming together is the ultimate goal.

Sunday morning, Eric started up the smoker for the ribs he was making for his own birthday dinner (something he wanted to do).  He spent the better part of the day babysitting the meat.  We all smelled like we'd been camping at church (church was 1-4 pm).  Eric was a bit disappointed the ribs got a little burnt but I thought they were the best ribs I've ever had (I don't usually like ribs).  We sang happy birthday to him over a cherry chocolate cake that he had already eaten half of while smoking the ribs.  He's getting easier to please the older he gets.

The following pics are a glimpse of the past year and the fun he/we've had...


 Celebrating 40th birthday in Florida





Cheering on the Seahawks


Departing for his new job in Texas


Ordaining the priesthood to his boys


Spring break in Hawaii





Hiking the Y with the Wallis'



Remodeling our Texas house


Cleaning out our garage in Texas


Eating and eating barbecue



Soaking up Yankee stadium with Boston and James


Spending time with my parents in Texas


Celebrating a beautiful life and spending time with family in Santa Barbara


Enjoying cake balls from Alina and Ingrid


Family Christmas card pictures usually finish the year off nicely.  Another birthday behind him and lots to look forward to.  Like retirement in only 9 years (as long as everything goes as planned, ha ha).

1 comment:

Laci said...

What a great year!!! Happy Bday big guy....sure hope all yours dreams come true! You are certainly one in a million!!! Hugs from the McCunes (we miss you guys!)