Wednesday, May 22, 2013

This n That


Nice way to start the post. I have no shame.  It's now my turn at Wirig Orthodontics.  I have Invisalign! That means everyone except Eric has some sort of contraption in their mouth.  It's been about a month now and so far so good.  No pain.  Just pressure.


The boys headed to the mountain a couple weekends ago with Dan and Angelo and Grandpa Tom for Father's and Son's.  Kennedy and I had big plans.  They included dinner and being in bed by 8 pm.  She had to get up at 2:30 am Saturday to catch the bus to Disneyland for her 8th grade field trip.  We kept that schedule.  Meanwhile, the boys had a great time eating, passing gas, burping, telling jokes, and snoring together.  What a fun tradition Father's and Son's is.


And the result of Father's & Son's...  laundry for days.  Worth it.


The perfect Mother's Day meal.  I also received handmade cards and love notes from my kids along with a pedicure gift certificate and dinner out.  Everyone was satisfied and I didn't have a mess to clean up.


Being a mother is my greatest joy, really.


My boys.


We feel blessed to have Eric's parents live close by.  It was nice to celebrate with Eric's mom too.  She's a wonderful example of love and more love.


Kennedy is wise beyond her years and I have to remind myself that she's 14 and not 25.  Her friend told her she was a 30 year old trapped in a 14 year old's body.  She gives me advice all the time.


My friend Rylee  did the 100 days of burpees challenge and her results were serious stomach muscles.  After hearing that I decided I needed to give it a try.  I started by doing 1 burpee and then added one a day until reaching 100.  If you think that sounds easy, try to do 15 and let me know how it goes.  burpees really get your heart rate up.  I finished the challenge a week ago.  Unfortunately I am yet to see a six pack.  I still have a bit of one of the above picture.  My six pack is buried, I think. 


Boston and and his buddy Luke.  Boston loves baseball!  He plays in his games and then goes outside to play some more. 


Kennedy, Kelsea, Ezah, and Claire spent a couple days working on a project.  Grace was there to keep things lively.  They had a few late nights but in the end produced an amazing project and had fun together.




Stake trek is coming up in June and my mom sent me the cutest pioneer outfits.  These two remind me of sister wives.  I think they look adorable.


And how about this one?  He sure makes a cute girl.


Naughty sister wives.  We are PG-13 around here.


Boston's baseball games have been a couple times a week so we spend lot of time at the park.  Jackson & Leighton are good to support their brother.


Eric dawns his Yankees shirt and James is already looking into the future with Boston.  He spends weekends working with him and is planning out his career.


His hair... It needs a zip code.


I picked Jackson up from school yesterday and it looked like he'd been working in the mines all day.  It's hot here and the blacktop is a magnet to sticky, stinky boys.


Kennedy made this solar oven in science.  She tried to cook a pizza in it and said it was horrible.  Nice concept though.


Boston played his drums in our ward talent show Saturday night.  This is his great teacher Aaron Hendrix.  I love that Aaron is using his talent to teach and earn money and Boston is learning.  Boston can't wait until he's Aaron's age so he can teach too.  Boston is pretty good and doesn't show any nerves.  He was supposed to do a little under arm farting while singing "We will, we will...Rock you!"  Rock you!" at the conclusion but decided it wasn't appropriate.  Probably a good call but would've been pretty funny/shocking.

I was talking to my friend Laci about joining Instagram and she pointed out that she was worried she might not blog and that it would cause double the work for Instagram and blogging.  This is true but worth it.  Instagram, Facebook, Blogs - they keep us all connected plus take care of a journal and a scrapbook.  Sometimes social media is annoying but if used in moderation (ha, ha) it's the best thing ever.  I am stepping off my soap box now.

3 comments:

Laci said...

Don't ever stop blogging...even if I don't join Insta :) I love checking in on your life. It's too fun! You'll have to let me know how Invisalign works. Bri is very much considering it. I may try the burpee challenge although I honestly couldn't do ONE when I tried. You're really my workout hero! Love that picture with you and your kids. You look very perfectly happy.....just as you should. I must say that I am very impressed and slightly shocked to hear Nikki went camping for a week. What we do for our kids right?! Give her a high five for me.......

vvjenks said...

What would I do without your blog to keep in touch with what goes on in your lives - Love it!!

Rylee said...

Ok I wouldn't say "serious" stomach muscles. Just "some" stomach muscles, which I guess in my case is serious. I bet you feel stronger than before though right? Also, the pic of the twins at one of the baseball games shocked me, the one on the left, not sure which one, looks so grown up! Slender in the face and well on his way to being a young man! When those boys go through puberty you are in big trouble, they are going to be SO HANDSOME! I am so thankful for IG, FB and Blogs, don't stop posting! Miss you!