Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Camp Ocean Pines

The twins were able to go to science camp last week in Cambria, California.  I dropped them off bright and early Monday morning (4:30) at the school and they boarded the bus and were off and running by 5 am.  They were beyond excited for this venture; however they couldn't quite keep their eyes open for the picture.



 My friend, Nikki, was a chaperone and captured these pictures for me.  She was in Leighton's group most of the time so that's why there's more of him. (In case the boys are wondering years from now why one has more pictures.)



Dissecting squid.


Basking in the sun with the elephant seals.


Jackson wore this sweatshirt ALL week long.  Nikki said the kids basically wore one outfit the whole week.  Oh well, they all stunk together.


Leighton is much braver than I.  That gives me the shivers from here.


We sent Eric's personal phone with the boys and Leighton checked in a couple times.  Once he called around 8 pm and wanted to have family prayer with us.  Jackson didn't call once.  I don't think there was an ounce of home sickness.  I am sure it helped that they had each other and Mrs. Butler (Nikki) there to be their mom-away-from-home.  It gave me piece of mind she was there looking out for them.

A couple things I noticed in their absence, the toilets were free from drops of pee, fridge was full and house stayed clean.  Also missing for the week was Eric.  He was working out of town.  The culprits. It was a relaxing week but it was also a boring, quiet week.  I think I like all family members around regardless of the mess they make or food they consume.  Nice to have a reminder of that every now and then.  

1 comment:

vvjenks said...

Hard to believe those two boys are getting so old - big- Miss their smiles and funny words.