The words I was murmuring today. Leighton was sitting at the kitchen table doing homework and said, "You don't want a maid. That's bad publicity to have a maid." Curious, I asked why. He then went on to tell me that people wouldn't like me because they would think I was spoiled. Hmm... something to think about.
I have started a part-time job since school started. I love having a job that pays (monetarily) and that keeps me busy on a level different from cleaning toilets and cooking; however, things around the house are slipping. My hat goes off to full-time working moms, especially the single one's. A maid is on my dream list with a chef and a personal shopper - probably not going to happen any time soon.
In other news, it's football season which means practices all week and games all day Saturday. Not sure why I didn't get a good picture of Boston. Here he is hiking the ball to his buddy Austen. He reminds me of a giraffe bending down. Boston also quarterbacks and plays defense and really likes to catch the ball.
The twins are 2 games into their season and have shut out both teams. They are a part of a fantastic team. Both boys received the pancake award for the past games, receiving $5 for 5 pancakes. Their understanding of the game and enthusiasm are fun to watch.
For about a month the twins have been asking for me to drop them off at the library with $5 so they could buy something in the little cafe inside the library and hang out and read - by themselves. They were elated when I told them I thought they were responsible enough for that. I didn't get a phone call from the librarian so they passed the test. There will definitely be more library drop offs in the near future!
The time has come - they are the same height as Brad. Brad couldn't be happier for them :) He's such a good sport.
And one last thing, Boston has taken to noticing girls. He comments on them all the time. There was a commercial on TV for a Barbara Streisand concert coming to town. He saw her on screen and said, "She's hot!" I asked, "Her?" He nodded his head in a very mischievous way and said it again, "She's hot!" I am not only concerned about his taste in girls but the oblivious attention to age. Maybe he's just trying to be funny... I sure hope so. He turns 7 on Thursday and has invited girls to his party where last year, girls were not allowed. He's 7 going on 16. I have been told it's the hair. His hair always get the blame.
Time to sign off. My filthy house awaits me. Or maybe it can wait till tomorrow, or the next day - the dust isn't going any where.
5 comments:
Your house is always spotless so...send the maid MY way!! SOOOO over the housework!! I cannot believe the twins are "mature" enough to spend time at the library alone...what a joy for you!! And I suggest we just set Boston and Camryn up now. They sound like the same kid....she worries me on many levels :) Too cute for her own good!!
Boston and Barbara Streisand, who knew?!!! :)
Your posts always make me smile... Boston's a ladies man, huh? Nice. You guys always have an adventure going, I love that! I can see the twins in 49er uniforms already!
A maid is at the very top of my wishlist...someday:)Miss you guys!
My list - a maid (and no one would know)
- a carpenter (just part time though)
- an easy way to get to all our grandkids games - (maybe less church responsibility - eventhough we enjoy it)
- Guess I'll just be content that you are all such a great family!
Post a Comment