Every summer I get what I call the "summer blues." They are brought on by excessive, relentless heat. I have irrational thoughts and ponder moving any where but here! I tend to hunker down and be anti-social. That is the "downer" part. Thank goodness there are lots of "Up's" during the summer. Like...
Swimming and swimming and swimming.
Free Slurpee day.
Popsicles in the hot tub.
Grandma Bateman's music camp with cousins Meeka and Hope.
Jackson & Leighton's basketball league. They each scored a basket by seasons end and definitely had my vote for "most improved."
The twins buddy, Prince, joined the team as "Koby" because a boy dropped out leaving the team with only 5 players. Prince happily jumped at the chance to be on the team. Notice how big the couch is and they are all 3 sitting next to each other?
Kennedy boating with the Bell's at Pine View while on break from volleyball camp in Utah.
Running into your 3rd grade teacher, Mrs. Hill, at church in a Lehi, UT, ward.
Boston's promo for Chippendales.
Spending a weekend in Utah with Shannon, Noah, Luke, Ella and Sara.
Meeting cousin Daniel and Emily at BYU and eating lunch at Kneader's
Driving to Morgan and hanging with Tony, Alli, Gage, Jocelyn, Lauren, Krew and Boone
Going to Leighton and Rosa's for the twins bi-annual dose of Leighton's "fat grabbing." The twins were so stressed before going to their house because they knew Leighton would grab their "love" as I call it. Amongst the fat grabbing, Jackson told Leighton (big Leighton) he had really bad breath (while waving his hand in front of his mouth). I let it slide, feeling it was tit for tat.
Kennedy experimenting with Pinterest recipes. We found lots of keepers.
Tackle football for the twins and flag football for Boston.
And one of the biggest "UP's," a visit from the Bomsta Family! Eric (Bomsta) was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma in the spring and has been undergoing chemo treatments for a couple months. At his last PET scan, they found that the cancer was GONE! A miracle of faith and healing. It was so good to see their family and laugh and share a meal together. Missing is Kennedy. Bright and early this morning she left for girl's camp. I am sure that will get a post all on it's own.
Thank goodness there are way more up's than down's. I am sure it's all in how you look at it. One more really bright spot, school is only a couple weeks away. The kids can't wait! (wink, wink)






2 comments:
Meeting you guys for breakfast was a HUGE up for us too!! :) I'm so glad we found time to get together. You guys are and always will be one of our favorite Vegas families. And... if you do ever decide to leave the heat, come join us on the East Coast! :)
Looks like you've done a great job letting the "summer blues" get to you too bad :) Keeping busy always helps.....and shopping :) I look at your kids and think "Times are changing for Allyson....her house must be so calm these days with those big kids around!" Haha....now you can come visit my life for the mad chaos.....full circle I suppose!! :) Miss you!
Post a Comment