Jackson walked to the van today after school with a big smile on his face.
Jackson: "I've been waiting for centuries for a day like today!"
Me: "What happened?"
Jackson: "We got a new boy in our class named Kameron. I finally found a friend just like me."
Me: "What's he like?"
Jackson: "He likes the same things as me like art and he even picks his nose! And best of all, I'm not on his creepy list!"
Me: "He picks his nose in class too?"
Jackson: "Well, he only does it in private but he told me he does it."
He was on cloud 9 and I couldn't be happier for him. He struggles with friends and acceptance at school because of his habit of picking his nose. Seriously. He's been to the school counselor and she showed him ways to itch his nose and rub it to avoid picking it. 99% of the time he doesn't even realize he's picking it. I compare it to biting your nails. Unfortunately, nose picking isn't as socially accepted as biting your nails.
About a month ago, his teacher (bless her heart) told him that if he could resist picking his nose for 1 week, he could be the Student of the Week. When he told me this I was excited for him. I asked him if he thought he could do it. His response, "I don't think I can." I am hoping and praying that day will come soon but so far...the picking continues. Every time he does it he has to deduct $10 from his check book. I just hope we're not waiting for centuries :)
2 comments:
Haha!!! Great story....love it!! This is one he'll love reading when he's older! And seriously....don't we all have something we need to work on?! Can't wait for him to be student of the month!
Tell us when it happens so we can all call and conratulate him!!
Post a Comment