Wednesday, March 28, 2012
"Just keep swimming." - Dori
My sister texted me that quote the other day. It's my new motto. It's amazing how a fish can inspire you. I love how Dori always looks forward (no memory is helpful) and doesn't focus on the past.
There is nothing terrible going on in my life but there are days...and sometimes weeks...when I want to throw in the towel. Picturing Dori in her world of oblivion makes me smile and appreciate the little things. Because I can laugh at myself, I am posting the following pictures from the BIG HAIR, acid washed jeans, and shoulder pad era to give you all a good chuckle. Just to show that I am not living in the past (at least by my style). Enjoy and just keep swimming.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
I loved the big hair days - still love big hair - so feminine!
Awesome pics... great advice! Thanks for the laugh and inspiration! :)
you're like a fine wine allyson, you only get better with age. ;) although other than the big hair i'm not sure you've aged a bit!
thanks for this post, i about threw in the towel today with ryder so you have no idea how bad i needed dori's reminder today!
I've always looked to you for wisdom and balance......such great advice you've always offered. Daily I have to remind myself to keep swimming!!! And baby....love that hair!!!!
Oh my gosh you are the cutest!
Post a Comment