Friday, December 17, 2010

Field Trip

Boston's school went on a field trip to the Boulder City train depot. I was able to tag along as parent volunteers were more than welcome. Boston was a little disappointed Santa didn't show up but had a good time anyway.


Here he is with his buddies Carter and Deacon. Every time I see Boston in his little red sweater my heart skips a beat. So cute.

This conductor was full of knowledge and posed for a picture. The ride lasted about 45 minutes. One lady commented on the beauty of the mountains and I said, "I guess they're beautiful for the desert." She replied, "You must be from Utah." I am yet to find more beautiful mountains than the one's in Utah. However, the desert has gorgeous sunsets and you can ride in an open-air train in December without a coat. Always trying to see the positive. Ha, ha.

Boston wanted to call it a day after the train ride and skip school but I insisted he head back with the rest of his class. It was only 11 am and my last day before the Christmas break without kids. I hit the ground running.

2 comments:

Laci said...

Boston does look oh so handsome in that sweater :) Ya, I always found it strange when anyone referred to anything about Vegas as "beautiful". It has some great aspects, but beauty is not one of them. Well, I suppose the strip lights at night could be considered....but... :)

Tiffani said...

Does Boston go to American Heritage? I swear that little boy Carter looks just like my friend's little boy who goes there.