Saturday, September 11, 2010

Threading

I sure hope I didn't do something I will regret later.

Today I was out running errands without any make up on and came across an eyebrow threading store. I decided since my eyebrows haven't seen professional help in over a year, today would be a good day. I went inside and was directed to a chair where I laid back. After checking me over, she asked me (in her India accent) if I also wanted my upper lip done.

"Why, do you see lots of black hair?" I asked.

"Just a few but lots of blond. And it's very long." she replied.

"Okay, go ahead," I tell her.

She proceeds to twist the thread on my eyebrows and then my upper lip. The upper lip was very painful. Normally, I enjoy a little pain but the threading on the upper lip, I could do without. Then she "accidentally" starts in on my cheek.

"Oops! You only wanted your upper lip," she exclaims. "You have lots of hair all over your face. Do you want me to do everything?"

"Seriously? It's that bad," I ask.

"Yes, but I can get rid of it for you," she explained.

Very concerned, I ask, "Do you think it will come back darker and thicker?"

"Oh no, you will love it!" she tells me.

So I tell her to go ahead. It took a good 15 minutes to clear my entire face of all the supposed peach fuzz, even my forehead. I quite enjoyed it. Then I felt my skin when she was done and it has never felt so soft. I was impressed. We'll see if I'm still impressed a week from now when it's all spiky, growing back in.

6 comments:

Rylee said...

i wish i had been with you! i've been dying to try threading. how much did it cost you? if you go back, take me with you!

Our Little Hatch Family !!! said...

Okay, I have heard but not seen it either...compared to waxing how was the pain??? I must admit I got a good laugh at your commentary though! I am with Rylee what was the cost?? Let me know how long it last! I sure miss our visits...

Colette said...

I'm WAY out of it! I'd never heard of "threading" until reading your post and had to google it! So interesting... wish I was there, I'd go with you next time too!

mmbateman said...

I've never heard of it either! Allyson you are way brave to share these details with everyone...It gave me a laugh. I still think you need to write a book. Your writings are hilarious.

Jen and Brandon said...

So at your dad's party tonight I was telling everyone about your experience and we sure got a good laugh. Thanks for the posts that keep us all laughing, wish you were here!

vvjenks said...

So just how much fuzz do you think I have on my face???? I've never heard of this either. I'll see if it still looks great Tuesday.