The twins have a best buddy - Evan Woody. Evan's mom, Cindy, is very gracious and invites the twins over for hours at a time. A couple weekends ago she picked them up to go to Chuck E. Cheese for Evan's belated birthday. Jackson greeted her at the door with, "Hey, do you still have that smoking habit?" She busted up laughing which totally relieved me. Jackson can get away with saying things like that because of his innocence in the approach.
This past Saturday Evan came to our house for lunch and swimming. I gave them a couple choices where to eat and Panda Express won out. While trying to order, all my boys were asking for samples, fighting over who got to carry the tray, asking for Gatorade, etc. Evan was standing next to me being very obedient (as usual) and he said to me, "How do you deal with this?" The lady behind the counter started laughing because I know she was thinking the same thing. I told him, "one second at a time."
When Evan saw the above (Jackson's back side) he said, "Really! That is disgusting!" And of course every time Jackson got out of the water the shorts were right back to this place. On another occasion, Evan said, "Dude! That is so embarrassing!"
Jackson would just shrug it off and attempt to pull them up every time.
The boys requested a friend for Boston because they didn't want him bothering them. Angelo is one of Boston's good buddies and he joined in on the chaos nervously. I think the noise level at our house was pretty scary. At one point, Leighton kicked Jackson in the face (accidentally) while swimming and gave him the bloodiest nose ever. Angelo and Evan just sat to the side minding their P's and Q's. I often wonder what kids go home and tell their parents after leaving our house? Actually, I don't really want to know. I would probably go into a state of paranoia.
Thank goodness there are moms (and dads) out there that can handle inviting both Leighton and Jackson. And a friend that can balance the two of them.
2 comments:
I love reading about Jackson's innocence....it cracks me up. Hey...just maybe Evan's mom will quit smoking over it..hee hee hee.'
Hope you had a great first day of school.
Double trouble--double blessings!! They are quite the duo!
Post a Comment