
115 degrees in Henderson, 80 degrees in San Diego... we couldn't resist. My California beach boys.

Kennedy, Jackson and Leighton went straight for the waves with their
boogie boards. At one point, the life guard had to go out to Jackson because he was trying to keep up with the surfers. He told him to stay where he could touch and helped him catch a big wave. I could hear both boys
yee hawing the whole time they were out there.

Boston stayed close to the shore but caught a few himself. That life jacket is his best friend.

Kennedy dug in the sand like a pro. She tried to make a pedicure chair with water to soak your feet in. I didn't get a picture of the finished product but it was believable.

Covering Eric is an all day job.

Our favorite place to grab some grub by the beach in Carlsbad is at the Fish Hut.

We picked up Uncle
Helmer and took him to Grandma's Restaurant for lunch. He moves very slow but still has a quick wit about him. We took him for a drive down by the beach and the first thing out of his 78 year old mouth was, "yummy!"

Have you ever seen so much
bling on a car?

We also checked out Old Town San Diego and took the 2 hour trolley ride.

Boston wanted to sit between these 2 and that doesn't happen very often.

Going over the Coronado Bridge - hair and wind just don't mix.

Playing with his gum. I'm going to have to teach him some manners.

Last stop - Pizzeria Luigi's. Excellent pizza but even better lasagna!
If you've followed our blog, you can tell by now, the main focus of our life is FOOD, fun and family but mainly food.
6 comments:
Ok I feel better about turning into such a wimp lately. Well, I guess I am 8.5 months pregnant, but I can't even handle 95 degree weather!!! We are in St.G this weekend with my brother and family and we really think we are close to death in 109 degrees. Brian and I have wondered 500 times today how we EVER handled Vegas heat....it's killing us!! :) Glad you picked the best state in the country to cool down!
that makes me awfully excited to go there next month. maybe you guys will be up for another quick trip out while we're there and we can play on the beach together!
How fun, and I am really jealous. My aunt invited me to San Diego and I'm pretty sure I'm going to take her up on it because it is miserable here
Fun times.... and great food! :)
I love seeing your boys!! we sure miss you guys---I am jealous of the spur of the moment trips...I hear that Lake Erie is only a few hours from here??? Would it measure up to San Diego?? HEE HEE
I had just gotten done telling Brandon about your D.C. trip. My thoughts were- they saw a lot of places, but I think the kids were more concerned about where the next meal was going to be;). Miss you guys.
Post a Comment