What's the 4th of July without friends, family and food! This is the spread Eric insisted on. We had enough food to feed an army and barely made a dent. The Beckstead's, Corvino's, and Mauseth's (my sister's family) joined us.

Mauseth's - Beau, Jodi, Hudson, and Hunter. Matt (the dad) couldn't make it because he loves to work.
The crowd checking out the fireworks. Eric and Kennedy drove to the Indian reservation to get the "good" fireworks. It ended up taking them 5 hours round trip because of road construction but it was worth the drive and time. I was a little (ok a lot) worried we were going to get in trouble because of the noise and distance of these things but so far so good.
Hunter and Kennedy worked on their tans most of the time. When I was growing up I was the tanning queen. Any opportunity I wanted to be soaking up the sun. Jodi and I were able to float in the pool for an hour or so and enjoyed the peace and quiet.
Beau's only request was to eat at the Rain Forest Cafe. Although it is a tourist trap, it was fun to go with Jodi and the kids.
Jodi's stay was not even long enough. She works as a nurse in the ER so a week is all she had off. I'm glad they made the drive all the way to Vegas and came to see us. Leighton told the primary leaders the Sunday before they came that "when his cousins come to church, they are going to fill the place!" Too bad he was just a big talker. We love when family comes to town so please come! We don't want to be known as big talkers.
2 comments:
yes i was there when he said the whole place would be filled with his cousins, funny stuff...and i am so jealous that you went to the pawn shop, we want to go there too!
Pawn Shop--way to go. Did anyone buy anything or is it just for TV?
Post a Comment